Thursday, February 09, 2012

Life's been treating me well lately.

People around you are much happier when you are, this "positive vibe" thing is true. Somehow I've just been feeling at ease lately, and feel good doing things for others. Not just people I care about, but to listen to other people whom I'll normally "label" as "boring" etc.

I watched a video, "the art of listening" today, and tried listening to my friend today over the phone. The moment of silences were short and not awkward at all. And the most important words come out after moments of silences. To listen is to let the person feel comfortable sharing his/her thoughts, to not cut in, to be genuinely interested.

These few days, I felt I have learnt to be much less judgemental, for everyone has their own story. And it feels good to do things for others instead of just focusing on what i want. I will never forget the words of my teacher, that love operates in abundance.

-

I helped my friend pack that day, and realised that for a good conversation to happen, both parties must have a cleared mind, free from stress and anxiety or other distractions, such that both would be "present". I was asked why I did such a thing, to help. I honestly wanted to help, and of course it was fun for me (and we can never strip self-interest from any thing), and that was all. Talking to our friends help us discover more about ourselves, and to learn from them as well.

------------------------------------------

Feel like this post is very much like a reflection post, nothing special. Like things you'd write down in those "daily reflection journals". No pretty words (I've lost the ability to use them lately, anyway), sounds amateurish, I suppose?

But this is who I am, not anyone special. Feel happy being non-special, happy being less insecure, happy to live while noticing others' needs, happy to not get worked up when someone gets impatient etc (because others' reactions to our words is a reflection of ourselves).

I love my parents, I love talking to them, they give wise words and answers. I love my friends, and for being selfish in the past, I feel I should make up to them in some way. I can't believe I'm saying "I love people", because a few months ago I still hate them a lot. I might hate people tomorrow or the day after, just thought I should write these "positive feelings" down before they get lost. Used to wonder if I'd ever cry if I were to lose any of these people and the answer would be "I don't know", but today it felt like a definite "I wouldn't be able to live without them".

-------------------------------

Monday is the start of the social emotional learning course.

There is a party on saturday, work on sunday.
To repair my guitar (the neck broke cause i forgot to loosen the strings when I didn't play it during the A's :( my baby..)
collect new spectacles, return library videos,
help out with my friend's photo journal,
write letters to 4 people.

-

But no, really, the biggest thing i've "experienced" is to not judge. Really, we don't need that sense of "superiority" in our lives.

No comments: